CMSA E-Newsletter 34
From Combinatorics Wiki
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Aims of the newsletter
- 3 Workshop and conference announcements
- 4 Recent news of CMSA members and others
- 5 The Australasian Journal of Combinatorics
- 6 Editor
Thanks to all CMSA members who have sent information for this newsletter. Please send news as soon as you have anything of possible interest to CMSA members and the Combinatorial Community, even if no newsletter is imminent! Please email the Newsletter Editor (Kevin McAvaney):kevin.mcavaney at ozemail.com.au
CLOSING DATE for Issue 35: 30 September 2012. (Please email items to the newsletter editor ONLY in plain text.)
Old newsletters can be found here.
- To promote combinatorics within Australasia.
- To provide a forum for sharing combinatorial and related information.
- To keep CMSA members informed and in touch with combinatorial and related matters.
Workshop and conference announcements
36ACCMCC December 2012
The 36th Australasian Conference on Combinatorial Mathematics and Combinatorial Computing (36ACCMCC) will be held at the University of New South Wales in Sydney, Australia, 10-14 December 2012.
Invited speakers include:
- Ron Aharoni, Technion, Israel
- Marston Conder, University of Auckland, New Zealand
- Daniel Horsley, Monash University, Australia
- Christine O'Keefe, CSIRO, Australia
- Chris Rodger, Auburn University, USA
- Frank Ruskey, University of Victoria, Canada
- Carsten Thomassen, Danish Technical University, Denmark
- Anders Yeo, University of Johannesburg, South Africa
- Conference website: http://conferences.science.unsw.edu.au/36accmcc/
- Director: Dr Catherine Greenhill, accmcc2012 at unsw.edu.au
Australian Mathematical Society 56th Annual Meeting September 2012
This general mathematics conference will be held at the University of Ballarat, Australia, 24-27 September 2012. It includes approximately 15 Special Sessions, in particular Combinatorics. The organisers of the Combinatorics Special Session are Judy-anne Osborn and Richard Brak.
- Conference website: http://www.ballarat.edu.au/schools/school-of-science-and-technology/australian-mathematical-society-56th-annual-meeting
- Director: Dr David Yost, austms2012 at ballarat.edu.au
Recent news of CMSA members and others
Jicheng Ma, a student of Marston Conder and Jamie Sneddon at the University of Auckland, has completed his PhD thesis, on "Symmetric regular covers of graphs and maps".
- Dimitri Leemans (from the Université libre de Bruxelles in Belgium) has been appointed senior lecturer in the Department of Mathematics at the University of Auckland.
- Marston Conder has been appointed Distinguished Professor (one of 18 across all subjects) at the University of Auckland. He has also won a 2-year "James Cook" Research Fellowship from the Royal Society of New Zealand, and been selected by the American and New Zealand Mathematical Societies as the first "Maclaurin Lecturer", under a new exchange arrangement that will see him make a lecture tour of 5 or 6 universities in the US in 2013.
The Australasian Journal of Combinatorics
The website for the Australasian Journal of Combinatorics is http://ajc.maths.uq.edu.au/.
The Journal is published three times per year, in February, June and October. CMSA Members are entitled to a $10 discount per volume.
There is a search facility for past authors and for keywords in the titles of papers. Instructions to authors are also available at this web site.
The contents of all volumes, 1 to 53, are listed at the above web page. We also now have free public access to the full papers in Volumes 1 to 41 inclusive. All but the last four years are available for free.
Submissions to the Australas. J. Combin. may be sent to ajc at maths.uq.edu.au. Electronic submissions are encouraged. For paper submissions, please check the web page.
Kevin McAvaney, Australia.
Email: kevin.mcavaney at ozemail.com.au